What is XELA?
Xela is the predictive analytics engine that supports all SMG’s products. Xela provides the power to seamlessly collate datasets from multiple sources, perform algorithmic calculations and analyse any range of variations to return insights, trends and predictions.
Our methodology and the technical stuff
We use data to identify statistically significant relationships and behavioural patterns. Our technical approach is to:
- Use regression models and hierarchical probability models;
- Avoid unrealistic assumptions from the regression models;
- Our models are automatically adopted to new data;
- Make predictions (where appropriate) in cases of incomplete data and those predictions are adjusted when new data is received.
The algorithms within Xela accommodate a range of predictive statistics tools:
- Machine learning
- Stochastic modelling
- Extreme value theory
- Realtime data collection
- Supervised and unsupervised learning
- Expert opinion and Bayesian belief networks
- “What if” analysis and simulation
Xela allows for the integration of many programming languages and tools, for example ‘R’, SPSS and SAS.
Xela is a world first solution to the age old problem of what an organisation does with all the data that is gathered and what real value and insights can be returned to the business.
This is Artificial Intelligence and advanced predictive analytics at its most powerful.