SMG and all its affiliated companies, is committed to respecting your privacy. We will treat any personal data supplied by you as confidential and will only process such information as permitted by applicable legislation. SMG is bound by the General Data Protection Regulations,, the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) set out in the Privacy Act, and understands the importance people place on their personal information.
SMG is a controller of the personal data uploaded through its products. At SMG, we are committed to ensuring that all information collected by us is treated with the appropriate degree of privacy and confidentiality. Our employees understand their responsibility to protect and use your personal information correctly.
Data Protection Contact
SMG is headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. SMG has assembled a Data Protection Working Group for you to contact if you have any questions or concerns about our personal data policies or practices. The email of SMG Data Protection Working Group is email@example.com
How we collect and use (process) your personal information
SMG will generally collect information directly from you, using tools such as the internet; via forms; by telephone conversations or emails; or from your authorised representative. There may be some instances where personal information about you will be collected from a third party, a publicly available source or by other lawful means, but only if:
- We have consent from you, or you would reasonably expect us to collect your personal information; or
- It is necessary for a specific purpose such as executing a function or activity in connection with your dealings with SMG; or
- Where we are permitted, or required to, by lawful authority.
We will usually notify you about these instances in advance or where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable after your information has been collected. If the personal information you provide to us is incomplete or inaccurate, we may be unable to provide you or your authorised representative with the requested services and/or information.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of the websites (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
- Information you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address);
- Information you provide to us when using the services or ordering trainings, or information which is generated in the course of the use of those services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use);
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through this website (including correspondence with us, communication content and metadata associated with the communication);
- Information you provide to participate in SMG events;
- Your feedback, publications, blogs, opinions, etc.;
- Any other personal data that you choose to send to us that is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of our services or activities; or because it is required under relevant law or regulation.
- Lifestyle data collected using our products (e.g. steps, calories, interests)
How your information is used
The personal information that we collect and hold about you depends on your interaction with us. Generally, we will only collect and hold your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for us to establish and/or maintain a relationship with you. We may use your personal information for the purposes of:
- Providing services to you;
- Facilitating our internal business operations;
- Analysing our services and customer needs with a view to developing new or improved services;
- Providing you with information about other services that we offer that may be of interest to you (Marketing Material); or
- Because it is required under relevant law or regulation.
If you do not wish to receive Marketing Material from us you can opt out at any time by contacting us as detailed below.
We do not sell personal information, and we do not give personal information to other organisations unless one or more of the following situations applies:
- We have consent from you;
- You would reasonably expect, or have been advised that personal information may be used or disclosed;
- If the use or disclosure is required by lawful authority; or
- If the use of disclosure relates to one or more of the Prescribed General Situations under the Privacy Act including, but not limited to, a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health, or if it is reasonably necessary for law enforcement.
In providing services or information to you, your personal information may be disclosed to our related bodies corporate currently located in Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
Protection of information
Your information is hosted on Amazon Web Services in EU. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is relevant, accurate, up-to-date and complete. We take reasonable and practicable steps to protect your personally information from loss, misuse, modification, disclosure, interference or unauthorised access.
When we no longer need your personal information we will take all reasonable and practicable steps to de-identify or destroy the information in a secure manner.
Accessing your personal information
You can request that we provide you with access to the information we hold about you or ask us to correct any personal information we hold about you that is out-of-date, incorrect, incomplete or misleading. You can also request that we delete your information. You can contact us by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to the address set out below. Following receipt of your request, we will action your request within a reasonable timeframe and without cost to you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations.
We may decline a request for access to personal information in circumstances prescribed by the Privacy Act or General Data Protection Regulations and as amended from time to time. If we are unable to agree to your request, we will provide you with an appropriate explanation.
Personal information we get from third parties
What happens if you don’t give us your data
You can enjoy some of our products/services without giving us your personal data. You can even enter only the minimal amount of information (name and contact information) to your profile if you wish, and you can edit your profile at any time. Some personal information is necessary so that SMG can supply you with the services you requested, and to authenticate you so that we know it is you and not someone else. You may manage your SMG subscriptions and you may opt-out of receiving marketing communication at any time.
As is true of most other web products, our products collect certain information automatically and stores it in log files. This includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, geographic location of your computer or device, browser type, operating system and other information about visiting this website, for example, pages viewed. This information is used to improve our products and, thanks to this constant improvement, to better serve to our users. Your IP address may also be used to diagnose problems with our server, administer our products, analyze trends, track a user’s movement on the sites, and collect demographic information to help us understand visitor preferences and their needs. Web beacons are transparent pixel images that are used in collecting information about website usage, e-mail response and tracking.
Cookies and web beacons do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal data that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
SMG has a marketing database management program which uses a cookie to analyze visitors’ interaction with various marketing messages like marketing emails or website marketing-based landing page. This cookie collects personal information including a user’s name, pages visited, how the website is accessed, a user’s purchases from the website, etc. This information is necessary to understand if our marketing campaigns are effective. You can configure your browser to disable these cookies.
Our website may contain links to other websites.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of linked websites and linked websites are not subject to our privacy policies and procedures.
Contact us about your privacy
Chief Marketing Officer
Unit 11, 30 Florence St, Newstead, QLD 4006
+61 7 3257 3595
You have a right to access and correct (rectify) the record of your personal data maintained by the SMG if it is inaccurate. You may request that the SMG erase that data or cease processing it, subject to certain exceptions. You may also request that the SMG cease using your data for direct marketing purposes. You have a right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority if you have concerns about how the SMG processes your personal data.
If you contact us in relation to your personal information and believe that we have not resolved your request you may apply to:
Australia – the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) to have your complaint heard and determined
United Kingdom & Europe – Information Commissioner’s Office. Website: www.ico.org.uk
Telephone: + 0303 123 1113