For Health Organisations:
Xela was originally developed for use within the Health Industry. SMG’s core philosophy of providing technology that improves lives and mitigates the likelihood of risk, meant the health industry was top of mind when developing Xela. Xela has successfully supported health insurance agencies with analysis of their data in order to develop intervention and prevention programs.
By analysing ICD codes (International Classification of Disease codes), Xela was able to deliver insights to health insurance agencies in order to develop intervention and prevention programs. Xela was used to consolidate and structure medical and lifestyle data in episodes by medical procedures, diagnostics and “groups” (for example, top claiming groups and chronic disease groups). This results in the identification of patterns in behaviours that can then be used to predict the future “journey” for members. Examples of some of the data insights Xela provided include:
- What does the claiming profile look like for a “top claimer”, five years before the commencement of the claims?
- Who are the current members that exhibit the same risk factors/claiming profile as the “top claimers”?
- What is the forecasted claiming pattern after a major intervention or treatment?
- What does the claiming profile look like for a member at future risk of a chronic disease, five years before the onset of the disease? (eg cardiovascular disease, chronic kidney disease, diabetes).
- What is the forecasted claims in the two to five years after a member receives cancer treatment?
- What is the average length of time between stage 1 or 2 chronic kidney disease to diagnosis of stage 3 or 4?
- What historical claim trends point towards the progression of a chronic disease?
These insights provide health funds with the opportunity to become enablers of healthy lifestyles, by shifting healthcare from reactive treatment to proactive prevention.
If you are a health organisation collecting data through use of ICD codes, contact us today for an obligation free discussion regarding the potential insights Xela can provide with your data.