SMG couples people-focussed initiatives with data-focussed insights. We are a tech company with an artificial intelligence engine. We understand the individual and organisational value of combining humans with technology. Our services are therefore aimed at improving individual and organisational performance through data collection and measurement.
Developing a culture of wellbeing delivers many organisational benefits, including reduced absenteeism, reduced staff turnover, increased productivity, increased employee engagement and morale. Wellbeing programs are therefore becoming a necessity for high performing organisations, however many are unable to collect data to measure the value of the programs. SMG couples the people-benefits with the data-benefits. Our team knows wellbeing and culture improvement, but we also know how to measure data and deliver value from that data.
To gain value from wellbeing programs, like any strategic change initiative, the programs must be a system-wide approach embedded in the organisation’s culture. Introducing one initiative, such as free gym membership, will not create a culture of wellbeing. Our team of multi-discipline consultants have expertise spanning organisational development, change management and sports science. Our team can support you in:
- Identifying your organisation’s current culture;
- Developing benchmarks to gauge success of wellbeing programs;
- Developing measurable goals for individuals and teams with regards to their wellbeing;
- Developing wellbeing programs tailored to your desired outcomes;
- Implementing wellbeing programs using a system-wide approach;
- Measuring the success of your wellbeing programs through qualitative and quantitative measures.
We do not deliver a “one-size-fits-all” service. Our consultants understand business and will tailor your program to your needs. We consider your organisation’s mission, values, strategy and individual team requirements. This leads to developing a positive culture of wellbeing that will provide sustainable outcomes.
Have you got a mountain of data but you don’t know how to analyse it? Or you’re not sure what it can tell you. Our team can help deliver insights with your data, and help you tell a story that supports strategic decision making.
SMG developed Xela – a predictive analytics engine that harnesses the power of artificial intelligence. Xela provides computational modelling and machine learning abilities that are not possible with more traditional analytical models. Computational models deliver answers via simulation and are considered more accurate and realistic than analytical models.
Using Xela, SMG can gather multiple datasets onto one platform and provide valuable insights that can support your business. Xela can be used in any type of industry with large datasets.
SMG is currently using Xela in the healthcare industry. We consolidate and structure medical and lifestyle data in episodes by medical procedures, diagnostics and “groups” (for example, top claiming groups and chronic disease groups). We analyse this data and organise it into member journeys. This results in the identification of patterns in behaviours that can then be used to predict the future “journey” for members. Examples of some of the data insights we have been able to provide include:
- What does the claiming profile look like for a “top claimer”, five years before the commencement of the claims?
- Who are the current members that exhibit the same risk factors/claiming profile as the “top claimers”?
- What is the forecasted claiming pattern after a major intervention or treatment?
- What does the claiming profile look like for a member at future risk of a chronic disease, five years before the onset of the disease? (eg cardiovascular disease, chronic kidney disease, diabetes).
- What is the forecasted claims in the two to five years after a member receives cancer treatment?
- What is the average length of time between stage 1 or 2 chronic kidney disease to diagnosis of stage 3 or 4?
- What historical claim trends point towards the progression of a chronic disease?
Our team of consultants can work with you to understand how Xela can support your industry and your business in gaining insights into your data.